Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Second Chance

In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thess. 5:18)
It's been almost 4 months since the seperation, and although the disappointment over a failed relationship is still there, I'm doing much better these days. I'll admit that sometimes you can find me sitting in starbucks staring out into space wishing things had turned out differently, but I can't help but think that God indeed has better plans for me.
You see. Although I still throw an angry word or two at my ex, I can't help but thank God that he came into my life. When we were together, he was so loving and caring. He treated me right. I'll admit that it was my immaturity that caused our relationship to go rocky. I regret not having been more mature during our time together, and although I think that the seperation did both of us a favor, I wish we could've ended on better terms. We have a fairly good relationship now a days. We meet up once a week to go out as a family, because at the end of the day, I want my sons to grow up knowing that even if things didn't work out between their parents, they are still loved and that we will always support and be there for them no matter what.
I look at *David no longer as my ex, but as a friend and a wonderful father to my kids. I think that God allowed us to get together to bring two wonderful boys into the world, but that after fulfilling such a purpose, he broke us up because we had served His purpose as a couple and now it was time to serve Him as individuals. It's like God was telling us that in order for us to grow in Him, we had to go it alone. By not having to worry about each other, all our attentoin goes to restoring our relationship with God.
Also, I feel that God wants us to have our own family's but in a manner that is pleasing to Him. It's like He's given us a chance at love again, to make right what we did wrong the first time around. To not rush things and to understand that everything works out in God's perfect timing. So until then, I will continue to pray that my actions and words will glorify the Lord and that I will fulfill his purpose for me.

3 comments:

  1. When we put Christ in the center of our lives, He is the strong bond that connects us, like between couples...Praying that what He willed for you and your hubby will be revealed in your hearts. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I'm so glad you're putting your trust in God despite your sorrow. And that you are making some peace with your ex-husband by realizing that God has plans for both of you.

    Blessings, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reese,

    So happy that you are finding love again in God's eyes. It is so true that once you refocus on what is really important, God will work a great miracle and restore your broken heart. May He continue to cover you with His love and grace and as always provide you with the strength to go on, when you feel you can't.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete