Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Purpose Driven Life Day One: It All Starts With God

For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible,... everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him. (Colossians 1:16)

Do you notice that when things are going good for you, you sometimes or usually tend to forget God? During your times of happiness, you forget to be thankul and think that good things happen to you because of your own will and that because you deserve it. We become self- centered and forget to focus on God. It's then that trouble begins. We start to think that we can do things on our own, we think for ourselves instead of praying for guidance, we think that we don't need anyones help, we think that we're invincible. Once we lose sight of God, thats when everything seems to spiral out of control. Because of our self- centeredness, we throw ourselves into unnecessary situations that often cause us pain. It is then that we remember to call out to God. We beg Him to stop the pain, to help us because we've lost our way and etc.

I couldn't help but reflect on the situation that I somewhat brought upon myself. My relationship with my ex was never God centered, I was a very selfish person, I only thought of me. Like I said, I lived to make me happy. I did things my way. I made my own choices, which were often the wrong ones. I didnt stop to think of what God wanted of me. Sure, I was happy for a while and there were times when God would remind me to return my focus on Him. But I continued on with my selfish lifestyle, and here I am. A single mom of two. I understand now that things don't work out the way you want them because thats not how God intended you to be. He allows you to mess up, yes. But at the end of the day, He will make a way for you to go back to Him so you live your life according to Him. So that you live a purposeful and meaningful life as He intended for you to do
so.

1 comment:

  1. Reese,

    I am so guilty of doing this very thing and undoubtably I will find myself in the midst of some crisis wondering just how did I get here.

    A look back always revealed my carefree skipping away from my Father and just when I think I got it, I fall.

    Thankfully though, once I look back, I see His outstretched arms and His smiling face, and I pick myself back up again and go skipping on back to Him.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete